Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Prose of Poetry for the Wandering and Confused

I wish we would just keep
driving, driving, driving

On through the night
on,on,on

My mind tells me
silly, silly, silly

My heart bursts with
run, run, run

Urging me on,
never, never, never

Everyone tells me,
silly, silly, silly

My mind tells me 
GO! GO! GO!

But when no one told me to go my heart 
stopped, stopped, stopped

Screaming for what I don't have 
pounding, pounding, pounding

Finally they tell me
hurry, hurry, hurry

But my heart tells me
stop, stop, stop

And my mind whispers
"Don't turn me away"

Silently in the dark makes it easy to see
flickering, flickering, flickering

Bright lights blind my vision of the small light of the 
candle, candle, candle

In the distance, as darkness descends and 
I see it, I see, see

When I see the voices leave me like birds
birds, birds, birds

As a cold, dark winter closes in
void, void, void. 

Slowly the car stops moving on
moving, moving, moving

No comments:

Post a Comment