Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Parts of Me

There are parts of me that want to be angry. 
Parts that want to be pitied. 


There are parts of me that want to cry all night long. 
Parts that want my mother to come in and hold me. 
Parts of me want to lay down and dream of better things. 
Part of me wishes that I knew how. 
Part of me wants to express to the whole world how I feel about all I feel. 


There is a part of me that feels like a gaping wound that can never be healed. 
That part of me sees people suffer and groans with pain. 


There is a part of me that longs for the day when what I've always longed to know, I will know. 
Part of me sees people smile and laugh. That part of me smiles and laughs for their happiness. 
Part of me knows that I'm meant for a little more. Another part prays that my life will be uneventful. 
There is a part of me that is excited by the thought of daring adventures and terrible challenges.
Part of me is captivated by the desire for change.
Part of me threatens the life of those who want to change anything I love. 


There is part of me that knows I can change the world.
Part of me knows that this ability to change things is just out of my reach. 
Part of me begs to know how to change the world. Part of me knows that no matter how much good I do, evil is what the world is addicted to. 


There is a part of me that believes I can help this addicted world. 
Help it change. 

There is a part, a part hidden so far from view, that longs to love every person I meet. 
But there is a part that shouts over this hidden part and tells me that no one would believe the sincerity of my longing to love. 
Part of me says it's not true.
But part of me gives into the shouting voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment