Thursday, March 27, 2014

Immeasurable

I have a friend who has been dating this boy for almost six months now. When they started dating I was a little sad. She is one of my very best friends and I was worried she'd be too preoccupied to hangout with me anymore. But I also wanted to know who she was dating because I figured if I was friends with him then I had an immediate in and was more likely to be able to spend time with her. When people found out who she was dating I got mixed reviews. A lot of people had some nasty things to say about him because of his behavior in middle school and early high school. I politely told these people that if my friend thought he was good enough for her to date that there must be something about him and that I would like to judge for myself.
I have since become his friend and to my delight I have discovered how wonderful he is. We have a class together, and there were many days where I didn't know if I could take it and seeing him brightened my day. I told my brother about this boy and said "She could do a lot worse, but I'm not sure she could do much better," he's just that kind of good.
This boy has now received his mission call. I'm absolutely thrilled for him. He has, some days, been a literal ray of sunshine. So many times I have walked into school feeling tired, discouraged, and unmotivated, only to see this boy. He'll stop and talk to me, he'll wave, or even just make faces in my direction. It's so simple and seemingly insignificant, yet monumental to me. His enthusiasm for life and for the goodness in the world is more soothing to your soul then almost anything I've ever come across. My gratitude towards him for taking such good care of my friend and for teaching me a new love for life is immeasurable.

No comments:

Post a Comment