Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Taking You There

I'm talking about a couple of songs today. Important ones of course. I was actually running to them today and I noticed a similar theme, but maybe I'm the only one who's seen it, so let me tell you. In "On Top Of The World" by Imagine Dragons it says:

I've had the highest mountains
I've had the deepest rivers
You can have it all but life keeps moving
I take it in but don't look down
'Cause I'm on top of the world

And then in this new song called "Flaws" by Bastille (okay, relatively new, I just heard it for the first time a few days ago and I LOVE it) they say:

All of your flaws and all of my flaws,
When they have been exhumed
We'll see that we need them to be who we are
Without them we'd be doomed


I think it's pretty self explanatory but let me show you. Imagine Dragons in that part of the song are saying that he's had the highest mountains, deepest rivers but life keeps going and you just can't look down, but pretty soon you find yourself on top of the world. Then in "Flaws" he says that we need our flaws to be who we really are and that without them we're "doomed". And it occurred to me that we need the mountains and the rivers in life to know ourselves and to get ourselves where we want to be in life, our literal top of the world. So when you feel like you can't take it any longer or that you're at your wit's end remember that it's all the rivers you cross and the mountains you climb that will show you who you really are and take you where you want to go. And don't forget that you don't climb your mountains or cross your rivers alone. When you've had so much that you can't stand, try kneeling for a little while. It's by overcoming our "flaws" (literal or figurative) that we can finally stand on top of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment